Between Tears of the Kingdom sessions (which is flippin’ amazing), I managed to get some work done on the Swift Starter Kits landing page.
First, I updated the pricing section layout and colors, making styling a bit more uniform. Raised the price of the Team license, and added a higher tier with paid support + training.
Separately, I learned that my LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) was really really bad on mobile devices. I didn’t know this was a thing, and was potentially hurting search rankings.
Turns out my LCP was slow for two reasons:
A 3rd party JS library was blocking the main thread for ~2 seconds at initial load. I removed this for now (unfortunately, this tool was for support chat, I’ll need to find another provider).
The custom font download from the CDN was blocking initial render. I fixed this by ensuring a default font shows initially, then updates to the main font once it downloads asynchronously. I thought it was doing that already, but oh well.
Back to 100% search indexing health (supposedly), curious how long it will take to increase traffic numbers.